By T. L. Keller
CIA Central Intelligence Agency
CIC Counter-Intelligence Corps. US Army Intelligence group assigned to counteract foreign espionage at strategic locations. For example, Major Jesse Marcel, the Roswell Army Air Field (RAAF) Intelligence Officer, and Counter-Intelligence Corps (CIC) Officer Sheridan Cavitt retrieved some of the Roswell debris and returned it to the RAAF in 1947.  In 1947 the RAAF was the only atomic bomber base in the world. See IPU Report below.
FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation
Forrestal, J. V. Secretary of Defense James V. Forrestal (1947 -1949) was the last Cabinet-level Secretary of the Navy and the first Secretary of Defense. Former US Navy aviator and assistant at the office of Naval Operations. He died under unusual circumstances. See Note 4.
IPU Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit. A US Army unit assigned to retrieve, recover and cover-up crashed-landed, “foreign” technology. The unit was disbanded in the late 1950s.
“Lancer” US Secret Service code name for President John F. Kennedy
McCone, J. A. Director of Central Intelligence John A. McCone (1961-1965). Former Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Undersecretary of the Air Force.
MJ-1 Director of Central Intelligence (John A. McCone, 1961-1965)
MJ-3 James V. Forrestal, Secretary of Defense (1947 – 1949)
MJ-12 group A Secret Government organization responsible for overseeing the UFO issue. Otherwise known as Majestic – 12.
SecDef US Government code name for Secretary of Defense. The first Secretary of Defense was James V. Forrestal.
Webb, J. E. Second NASA Administrator James E. Webb (1961 – 1968). Former Director of the Bureau of the Budget. Oversaw Mercury, Gemini and early stages of Apollo programs.
“wet” “Governmentese” code word for assassination.
He was a former US Navy aviator, the former Secretary of the Navy and the Secretary of Defense. He had an aircraft carrier named after him. But who was he . . . really? James V. Forrestal was a member of the “inner circle” of the US Government in the late 1940s. He was also a member of the Secret Government —MJ-12 — the Majestic 12 group. MJ-12 was created by President Harry S. Truman as “overseers” of the UFO issue in 1947. In the “inner circle” he was known as MJ-3.
In 1945, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was a former US Navy Intelligence officer and captain of the famed PT-109 patrol torpedo boat that was immortalized in PT-109,the 1963 biographical film. He was a war hero and the son of US Ambassador to the United Kingdom, Joseph P. Kennedy (1938-1940). John Kennedy, of course, later became the President of the United States (1960-1963) and was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963.
The question is, Why was Kennedy killed? There’s a book on sale at my local bookstore that says that there are 13conspiracy theories on why JFK was killed. The following is not one of those. This article delineates Mike Bara’s (and the author’s) theory . . .
Mike Bara and the Ancient Aliens Series
Just this year, 2018, author Mike Bara published his book, Ancient Aliens & JFK, as part of his Ancient Aliensseries of books.
Bara has linked Secretary of Defense James V. Forrestal to President John F. Kennedy and as to the reason why both died.  This article delineates that relationship and is only one part of Bara’s tale as to the reasons why JFK was killed.
Forrestal and Kennedy (May 1945)
In May 1945, Kennedy worked as a journalist for the William Randolph Hearst newspapers. His assignment, which was arranged by his father, Joseph P. Kennedy, was to file stories on the state of Europe in the aftermath of World War II. As part of his assignment, he accompanied the Secretary of the Navy, Forrestal, on a tour of Europe. In the photo below, Kennedy is on the far left. Forrestal, with the bow tie, is center left.
One aspect of Forrestal’s tour of Germany and Poland was to oversee the early days of Operation Paperclip, the then-classified mission of emigrating Nazi scientists, engineers and technicians to the United States. According to Bara, the group visited the former Nazi advanced research facilities in lower Silesia (now Poland). These facilities are not far from the experimental site in southern Poland described in my article in the December 2018 issue of The MUFON Journal. Die Glocke(“The Bell”) anti-gravity experiment was claimed to have been conducted there; and, according to Bara, that was part of Forrestal’s tour in Europe. Bara, not unreasonably, assumes that Kennedy was part of that tour to southern Poland as well.
Many observers would say that Kennedy would have been excluded on that part of the tour. Bear in mind that Kennedy was at that time a former US Navy Intelligence officer, US Navy war hero, and the son of a former US Ambassador who was one of the richest of Americans. And, on top of that, the US Navy connection to Forrestal didn’t hurt either. My guess is that Kennedy and Forrestal probably got on quite well.
It is also believed that Forrestal, along with President Harry S. Truman and US Army Chief of Staff (and future president) Dwight D. Eisenhower viewed two of the recovered Roswell cadavers that were flown to Washington, D.C. 
The IPU Report
According to Bara, the Trump administration declassified a number of the JFK assassination files in October 2017. Bara claims that his specific conspiracy theory has been verified by both FBI and CIA documents. One of those was apparently what he calls, simply, the “IPU Report,” a document created by the Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit (IPU) reporting on the crash of two ET craft near Roswell, New Mexico, in July 1947.
If this document were authentic, it connects Secretary of Defense Forrestal and Congressman John F. Kennedy with Roswell. The text reads:
“With the pending approval of JAMES FORRESTAL as new Secretary of Defense, it is certain he will be briefed on certain aspects of the discoveries. The only Cabinet member to date that may know of the details is Secretary [of State George C.] Marshall. It has become known to CIC that some of the recovery operation was shared with Representative JOHN F. KENNEDY, Massachusetts Democrat elected to Congress in 46, Son of JOSEPH P. KENNEDY, Commission on Organization of the Executive Branch of the Government. KENNEDY has limited duty as naval officer assigned to Naval Intelligence during war. It is believed that information was obtained from source in Congress who is close to Secretary for Air Force.” [8, 9]
Thus, if this were an actual document, this confirms that John F. Kennedy was well-aware of the events that took place near Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947.
National Security Action Memo No. 271 (November 12, 1963)
Fast forward to 1962: then-President John F. Kennedy, on October 22, 1962, was forced to announce that the Soviet Union had prevaricated about intermediate range missiles stationed on Cuba. Kennedy announced a “quarantine” to Soviet ships en route to Cuba: the Cuban Missile Crisis was on. War was averted as a result of the Soviet retreat from Cuba and the secret removal of US missiles from Turkey.
In August 1963, Kennedy met with Soviet Ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin. With the intent of finding some sort of accommodation with the Soviet Union, following the near-disaster over Cuban missiles, Kennedy secretly extended an offer to work together with the Soviet Union in a peaceful approach to space exploration. He proposed a cooperative effort to work together to send a combined Soviet and American crew to land on the Moon and safely return to Earth. Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev seriously considered the offer, but latter rejected it.
Then, on September 18, 1963, Kennedy met briefly with NASA Administrator James E. Webb. Kennedy told him that he wanted the US and the Soviets to cooperate to bring the two opposing sides together in a common effort. Webb, unaware of the prior, private approach by Kennedy to Khrushchev, acknowledged that he had “control” of NASA so as to avoid a future backlash from the space agency. Kennedy did not ask for his opinion in the matter, only that he was going to proceed on that.
Two days later he went to the United Nations General Assembly and repeated his offer in open session. NASA insiders expressed doubts as did the Western press. There were a number of media articles that followed that resisted the joining of US space forces with their Cold War antagonists. The Soviets remained silent. But the US Congress did not; with objections from members of Congress, most notably from Senator Barry Goldwater of Arizona and Congressman Albert Thomas of Texas. Then, on November 12, 1963, Kennedy unexpectedly issued his National Security Action Memorandum No. 271 to James Webb, the NASA Administrator. Action Memorandum No. 271 formalized Kennedy’s directive for the “development of a program of substantive cooperation with the Soviet Union in the field of outer space.”
The Kennedy-CIA Memo (November 12, 1963)
Then, on the same day of NSAM No. 271, Kennedy issued an “eyes only” directive to the “Director [redacted: believed to be the Director of Operations for Counterintelligence], Central Intelligence Agency.” That would have been John A. McCone’s departmental director. This directive was titled “Classification review of all UFO intelligence files affecting National Security.” It advised that Kennedy had just informed James Webb that he planned to cooperate with the Soviets in a “joint space and lunar exploration” program. It directed the CIA director to provide a study classifying the “high threat cases” involving “bona fide” ET “unknowns” and those that resulted directly from “CIA and USAF sources” (i.e., from US black projects).
Kennedy’s exact wording is as follows:
“ . . . I have initiated [redacted] and instructed James Webb to develop a program with the Soviet Union in joint space and lunar exploration. It would be very helpful if you would have the high threat cases reviewed with the purpose of identification of bona fide as opposed to classified CIA and USAF sources. It is important that we make a clear distinction between the knowns and unknowns in the event the Soviets try to mistake our extended cooperation as a cover for intelligence gathering of their defence [sic] and space programs.
“When this date has been sorted out, I would like you to arrange a program of data sharing with NASA where Unknowns are a factor. This will help NASA mission directors in their defensive responsibilities.
“I would like an interim report on the data review no later than February 1, 1964.” [emphasis added]
Of course, this document and NSAM No. 271 were issued only 10 days before Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963 and a little more than two months before the interim data review report was due from the CIA.
The Kennedy-CIA Memo was discovered by UFO researchers Dr. Robert M. Wood, and his son Ryan S. Wood. “Dr. Bob” is, of course, a former member of MUFON’s Board of Directors. The Woods have suggested that there is an 80% probability that the Kennedy-CIA Memo is authentic. Dr. Robert M. Wood and Ryan S. Wood are the authors of The Majestic Documents. 
The “Burned Memo”
The fourth document has been referred to by its discoverers, Dr. Robert Wood and Ryan Wood, as the “Burned Memo.” This is due to the fact that it was recovered from the fireplace of a former intelligence official (name not revealed) where it was obviously intended to be destroyed. If it were authentic, it would be called the “smoking gun.” This undated, CIA draft document alleged to be from the then-Director of Central Intelligence, John A. McCone, is addressed to MJ-2 through MJ-7. McCone was the head of the MJ-12 group at that time and was known as MJ-1. In reference to four extant MJ projects (MAJESTIC and JEHOVAH, EVIRO, PARASITE and PARHELION), MJ-1 states that:
“In the context of the above, it has become necessary to review and evaluate duplications of field activitiesin light of the current situation. To eliminate this problem, I have drafted new directives for your review and consideration. Please evaluate each draft on its own merit with the goal of finding acceptable solutions in which all can agree on. As you must know LANCER has made some inquiries regarding our activities which we cannot allow. Please submit your views no later than October. Your action to this matter is critical to the continuance of the group.” [Emphasis added]
On page one of the “Burned Memo” there is a list of “Tabs.” Tab (H) is named Project ENVIRONMENT, and that page contains a specific, if encoded, directive:
“When conditions become non-conducive for growth in our environment and Washington cannot be influenced any further, the weather is lacking any precipitation . . . it should be wet.”
“Wet” (as in blood) was a “Governmentese” code word meaning assassination. It seems clear, based on Tab (H), that the MJ-12 group was willing to eliminate not only Kennedy but also everyone else who would challenge MJ-12 and expose its “field activities.”
Therefore, the following conclusions may be drawn:
- Kennedy became aware of advanced, Nazi and ET technologies as a result of his relationship with James V. Forrestal and a certain Congressional contact when he was a Representative from Massachusetts (as per the IPU Report).
- Kennedy’s private offer to the Soviet Ambassador, his UN speech and the directive to James Webb proposing a joint space and lunar program with the Soviets drew heavy “pushback” from most quarters — the press, NASA, the US Congress, the Department of Defense and, of course, MJ-12. To many, this proposal was an anathema to everything they stood for during the Cold War.
- Kennedy’s explicit directive to John A. McCone (MJ-1) to prepare a “Classification” of all UFO intelligence was a red flag to the MJ-12 group that his attention to that subject would be relentless. This created a “problem” for which MJ-12 needed an “acceptable solution.”
- Page one of the “Burned Memo” clearly states that “LANCER has made some inquiries regarding our activities which we cannot allow.” LANCER, of course, was the US Secret Service’s code name for Kennedy. Page nine, Tab (H) Project ENVIRONMENT, specifies that the action “should be wet” (i.e., assassination). That action was executed on November 22, 1963. MJ-12’s “problem” had been solved.
What were MJ-12’s “field activities”? Watch this space.
- Keller, T. L. , The Total Novice’s Guide To UFOs,2FS Press, 2010, page 13 and digital edition, 2017.
- Ibid, page 34.
- Bara, Mike, Ancient Aliens & JFK, Adventures Unlimited Press, 2018. Bara is also the author of Ancient Aliens & Secret Societies,Ancient Aliens on the Moon, Ancient Aliens on Marsand Ancient Aliens on Mars II. Bara and Richard C. Hoagland authored Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA.
- Secretary of Defense Forrestal died under unusual circumstances in 1949. According to Wikipedia, “Doubts have existed from the beginning, especially allegations of homicide.” These were detailed in a book by Cornell Simpson, The Death of James Forrestal. “[A] major reason is the fact that the Navy kept the full transcript of its official hearing and final report secret.” In 1949 Forrestal fell —or was pushed —from the 16thfloor of the US Naval Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Bara, Mike, Ancient Aliens & JFK, Adventures Unlimited Press, 2018, page 43. Used with permission.
- Keller, T. L. , The Total Novice’s Guide To UFOs,2FS Press, 2010, page 17 and digital edition, 2017.
- Bara, Mike, Ancient Aliens & JFK, Adventures Unlimited Press, 2018, page 45. Used with permission.
- Author Michael E. Salla, Ph.D., has speculated that the source may have been Assistant Secretary of War for Air, Stuart Symington. Symington, as Assistant Secretary, most likely had been advised of the Roswell incident. Symington was also a native of Massachusetts and Kennedy’s favorite as a running mate for the 1960 presidential election. It should be noted that Salla was the first to directly link John Kennedy to James Forrestal in terms of their 1945 tour of Germany and Poland, exposure to captured Nazi super weapons, briefings on captured alien technologies and their respective assassinations due to their attempts to make this information known to the general public. This is recorded in Salla’s 2013 book, Kennedy’s Last Stand: Eisenhower, UFOs, MJ-12 & JFK’s Assassination.
- Bara, Mike, Ancient Aliens & JFK, Adventures Unlimited Press, 2018, page 65. Used with permission. The NSAM No. 271 document can be viewed at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1378284/Secret-memo-shows-JFK-demanded-UFO-files-10-days-assassination.html
- Ibid, page 66. Used with permission The Kennedy-CIA Memo can be viewed at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1378284/Secret-memo-shows-JFK-demanded-UFO-files-10-days-assassination.html
- Wood, Dr. Robert M. and Ryan S. Wood., The Majestic Documents, Wood & Wood Enterprises, 1998. www.majesticdocuments.com
- The “Burned Memo” can be viewed at: http://globalintelhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/6404101-JFK-MJ12.pdf
- Tab (H) can be viewed at: : http://globalintelhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/6404101-JFK-MJ12.pdf
© T L Keller 2019
T. L. Keller may be contacted at www.2FSPress.com